Monday, February 8, 2010

Musical Beds

Last Saturday we made a trip to IKEA to find a big boy bed that would, hopefully, encourage Joey to sleep in his own room (he had a toddler bed but had been sleeping on the couch or in our bed for a month). We found this great loft bed with a tent over the top. We brought it home and Joey and Daddy set it up. He loved climbing up and down the ladder and kept asking if it was time for bed yet. This is a picture of Joey at bedtime the first night. Claire is a bit jealous of Joey's new bed but she has been pretty happy with this make-shift blanket tent over her crib. Tonight is the first time I found her asleep not under the blanket. Do you like the foot sticking out of the bars?

Unfortunately, the bed has not been the miracle cure we had been hoping for. A mere 4 hrs after Joey fell asleep the first night he was calling for me and begging to sleep in our bed. I had placed a 2in foam pad on the floor under the loft bed. I thought it would make a comfortable place to play. That foam pad has now turned into a bed and the actual bed is now a fun play place (see picture below).
Tonight Joey asked me if he could go to sleep on the couch or our bed. I told him he had 3 beds to chose from in his room and he needed to choose one (his old bed is still in there, too). He chose the floor-foam bed (see above photo). I stayed with him until he dozed off. I wish I could make it so he enjoyed sleeping in his room more. He says he is scared in there.
The good thing is that the top bed has become a fresh new place to play the Mess Game (see earlier post). They must have played at least 45min after dinner tonight. Funny kids.


No comments: