Monday, February 15, 2010

Late Valentine Post

This is part of the meal my Valentine made for us last night. Yep, that's right. Along with all of his other talents, he is also a great chef. Who knew? He made salmon with some kind of pineapple/soy sauce marinade, yummy salad with homemade dressing, bacon and gorgonzola, homemade truffle french fries and a chocolate coffee suffle dessert. It was all super yummy. And he cleaned up afterwards. Bonus! We had a lovely Valentine's Day together.

For those of you reading this who may not know the whole story of our relationship, I will give you a brief history. Matt and I met in high school. We corrected each other's papers in Trig class. Sometime that Sophomore year my group of friends started hanging out with his group of friends so we became friends. We began dating in our Senior year of high school. We went to Prom together (ohh, how cute). After graduation, he went South to PLU and I went North to WWU and then I transferred to the UW. We survived a 4yr long-distance relationship. In 1999 he proposed to me at sunset on the sand in Cannon Beach, OR. We had a lovely church wedding in June of 2000 and honeymooned in Whistler, BC. The last (almost) 10 years have had a few ups and downs but our relationship continues to grow and strengthen and I hope we have many more decades together. I love you, Matt.

Oh, and here's a picture of him. I don't think he has made an appearance on my blog yet.




No comments: