Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm Gonna Cry For You

Often times I am doing naptimes and/or bedtimes solo. This involves me going up and down the stairs a few times (Claire's bedroom is downstairs). My usual routine is to get Joey busy with something so I can have 10min to get Claire settled in her bed. After she is tucked in I tell her that I am going to help Joey get ready for bed and then I will come back and check on her. To this she replies, "I'm gonna cry for you." I laughed the first time she said it. Now I say that it is ok if she needs to cry but I have to help Joey and then I will come back to her. Sometimes she cries and sometimes she doesn't. I still think it is a funny quote.



Other things I have heard while listening to her over the baby monitor:

Mommy, I need you.

I want to cuddle Daddy.

I need a pretty bow in my hair.

I am all done with my nappy-time.

I get an owie.

Often times she also wakes up happy and can be heard singing one of the many songs she knows.

1 comment:

Aunt KC said...

"dinkle dinkle little mommy"