Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fish-Keeping: Round 2

These are our new fish.




So I managed to kill 3 GlowFish. I feel bad. The current theory is that they were overfed. The snail is still doing well. Last Saturday the kids and I went to the pet store to get two new fish. We chose guppies this time. They are brightly colored with fan tails. Joey chose a purpleish-black one and named it (Are you ready for this?) Doggy Z-bot. Claire chose a yellow one and named hers Abby. These guppies behave differently than the GlowFish. They are more bold. They approach and bump the snail with their mouths, they "kiss" each other and are generally more active. Hopefully I can keep them alive a bit longer than the GlowFish. It has been a week so far and they seem to be doing well except for the fact that they appear to be hungry all the time. I hope I don't UNDERfeed these ones. Everytime I walk near they swim towards me and when it is close to feeding time they go crazy. It is a true feeding frenzy when the flakes actually drop in. Crazy.

No comments: